Sometimes, well, it just isn’t surprising. To wit, we are not surprised …
• … that a small-time Republican state legislator in New Hampshire plagiarized a speech against marriage equality two years ago.
• … that a small-time Republican state legislator now running for Secretary of State is a Birther, and now she doesn’t want to talk about it.
• … Jennifer Rubin will take the word of the Iranian government if it means she can criticize President Obama by doing so.
• … the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer was “leaked”.
• … that more people are dead after another shooting.
• … or that Seattle has nothing on Chicago when it comes to deadly violence.
And we might also mention that we are not in the least surprised at the amount of unrelated various video websites want us to watch when we click in to read a news story. What’s that? An important news story? Here, we’ll autoplay “Chris Spencer’s Top 5”. Obviously, we’re out of the loop: Who is Chris Spencer? (Wait, wait, don’t tell me. Please.) Why do I care? (Again, I don’t.) And you’re seriously telling me there’s a show called Real Husbands of Hollywood? (Just stop already.) And, no, we’re not really singling out BET; this just happened to be the stark contrast at hand.
To the other, neither will we be surprised if we don’t try a “Not Surprising” list again in the future. These things just should not be thrown together on a moment’s notice.